Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

11 Elul: Cheshbon HaNefesh

Be not hasty with your spirit to become wroth, for wrath lies in the bosom of fools. - 



My personal thought is that reflection is really more an overview while Cheshbon HaNefesh (Accounting of the Soul) is more specific.

I need to work on my patience.

I need to work on getting frazzled less, taking a breath, saying a prayer and THEN figure things out.

I need to work on being a better mother and wife.

I need to work on letting things go, and enjoying the moment.

I want to add more formal prayer to my day.  (Right now I'm just doing one small piece).

I want to go to Synagogue more often.

I want to do things that are inspiring to others, as other people have inspired me.  I don't want it for honour or awards.  I want to be able to give to the community as others have.  I see this as a responsibility.

I want to learn more.  I haven't listened to as many lectures as I had in the past.  I've signed up for Hebrew classes.  I plan on attending the weekly learning here and I am hoping to get a one on one learning partner as well.

I want to read more.  I seem to remember planning on reading a book a month.  I should get back on that.

I will continue to write in my gratitude journal.

I will continue to do prayers with my son.

I will continue to develop tradition in our family to make Holidays and Shabbat fun and memorable.

I'm sure there is more, but I think I have a good list going here to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment