Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

30 for 30 Outfit Challenge - What I am learning

I am having fun with this new hobby of mine, playing in my closet.  I am learning a bit about my own personal style and here are some random things:


  • I don't think I look good in emerald green or orange.  It could be I haven't found the right items.
  • I think I would describe my preferences in clothing as tailored, modern, maybe dramatic edgy some times. My current wardrobe may not be totally along this description, and I am finding that the pieces I bought that originally looked good in the store, may not have been my number one choice.  
  • I love belts.  Why have I waited this long??
  • I love pencil skirts.  I wish they came a smidge longer.  I may have to find a nice seamstress to add a bit of length to anything I buy because I really don't want to buy a layering dress.  
  • Matching up hair covering will be the biggest challenge for me.
  • I still have a hard time with patterns.  I think I'm drawn to simpler geometric patterns, stripes maybe dots, but flowery...just doesn't do it for me.  I like some animal print pieces, I've seen some nice outfits, I'm just not sure I could pull it off.  Plaid...I have a plaid shirt I love (doesn't fit anymore boo) and I think what I like about it, is the cut, it is more tailored.  
  • I have been recreating outfit ideas that I've Pinned.  I need to learn to figure out on my own too!
  • I need more accessories.  I've been living pretty much minimally, figuring what's the point?  I've noticed that when I put together an outfit including an accessory or two, I feel good and I feel put together.  I feel like it is worth it.  
  • I am loving yellow this season.  
  • I think doing the challenge will definitely help me figure out what will stay in my closet, what will need to be retired and what I would like to own in the future.  

Just over a week to go...starting to feel the pressure!  




No comments:

Post a Comment