Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Building my Wardrobe - skirts

I ordered this skirt from Sears.  I think it is such a nice looking skirt.  It even comes with a red belt!  I have seen so many outfits with striped skirts.  I have a diagonally striped flare-y skirt I bought from H&M a few years ago.  I love it!  I figured it's time to update the stripy-ness.

My order came much quicker than I expected.  Yay!  I slipped into the skirt and...womp womp.  Stripes are NOT forgiving.  In a tight fitting skirt even less so.

I admit, I have a bit of a mommy tummy, and with the c-section, ehm, flab?  My tummy will not be so flat for a while.  I can wear some shaper device under the skirt, but still...there will be. Stripes.  Elongated.  Across my lower body.

It wasn't pretty.  I am disappointed.  I have many MANY black skirts.  I have tight fitting ones, and loose fitting ones, cotton ones and polyester ones (I guess it's polyester).  I would like a skirt that isn't all black.  I have a couple of brown skirts, and one with a pattern.  The pattern one is a fancier skirt for Shul (synagogue).

I would really like something I can wear with casual outfits.  I am short though, and as I have discovered with some prints, they make me look sooooo short.  I don't know if it is the shape of the skirt (flare versus tighter fitting) or the print itself (big print versus small).  Any ideas on what I should look for?

I'm 5'2"-ish.  My legs are short.  My torso is short.  I am just short.  But not in a petite way.

Let me know what you think or link up some options in your comments...thanks!

Bye Bye stripey skirt.  You won't be part of my closet.  :(  



No comments:

Post a Comment