Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

28 Elul: Signed...sealed...delivered

I couldn't find a Torah quote that is appropriate to this theme (any suggestions?).

I remember my parents signing my reading homework as required by our teachers.  My parents signed notes explaining my absence from school.  I occasionally forged my parent's signature when I chose to be absent from school.

I signed leases and home ownership deeds.  I signed contracts for jobs.  I signed checks for debts that needed to be paid.  I signed the back of my credit card.

My University diploma is signed by the Dean of the Science Department.  Our portrait is signed by our aunt.

Each signature is a work of art.  There is a whole science around looking at the loops and lines of a signature and what it reveals about your personality.  I wonder what my messy signature says about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment